How to Iron On Embroidered Patches
Appliques and embroidered patches can be ironed onto anything you can iron: shirts, jeans, hats, trousers, skirts, etc.
It's soooo easy!
Heat seal to polyester/cotton fabrics. Do not apply to rainwear (waterproof), highly elastic, rayon, nylon or tri-acetate fabrics. Once applied, applique is permanently attached to garment and is washable, dryable and dry cleanable. For machine washing, turn garment inside-out before washing and drying.
Iron on appliques and embroidered patch setting instructions using an Iron:
- Step 1: Set your hand iron at the hottest temperature setting. DO NOT USE STEAM DURING APPLICATION!
- Step 2: Place your applique or embroidered patch in the desired position and place a pressing cloth (such as a handkerchief, sheet or pillowcase fabric) over top.
- Step 3: Press the iron straight down for 35-45 seconds with as much constant pressure as possible. NO BACK AND FORTH.
- Step 4: Turn the garment inside-out and repeat steps 2 & 3.
- Step 5: Allow the applique or embroidered patch to cool down.